Friday 11 September 2015

Green T-Shirt EL Wire

So, having removed all of the EL wire from the green overall costume, I decided to make a t-shirt.

I designed a front and back 3 channel display and also an outline for the t-shirt.  Thus making it 4 channels in total.

The attachment was easy and the wiring up, simple (for me).

Its worth noting that the EL Wires all come tith plug and play leads.  But for some reason, I find that I don't always trust plugs and connectors, so right from day 1, I decided to solder all my suits connections myself.




8 switches. (4 press and 4 toggle)



Wire plan (for me to understand)















My amazing soldering






In the photo below, you have:

Battery (Blue)
EL Driver / Inverter (black)
Trigger switch for whole suit (on long lead)
Switch pad (red)



My most complicated suit to date.........


Wore this to an event in London.  However thee trigger switches broke during the event and left me with only 2 channels by the end.  That was my poor choice in deciding to buy small switches.

Frog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment